erachamay and company

Thursday, June 26, 2008

putting off the inevitable

So, I just never have the energy to come down here and blog. It is terrible, especially because it really isn't that bad. I figure, though, if Tyler only takes one nap a day, I should accomplish something productive. Like watching old reruns of "I Love Lucy." So I'm in here instead, doing something more productive... :)

Anyway, today's class will be on San Diego. Because I have to catch up more than anything!

The Hubby and I went to San Diego for the coolest Brad Paisley concert ever on the 13th of June. The concert was such a blast, although I thought that I wouldn't be allowed to bring my camera in with me. HAHA, joke was on me. So, I don't have any pictures or anything, but you can ask elliespen and she'll tell you that I really was there. I called her and prayed that she answered because I couldn't hear anything but the concert.

Man, concerts are funny things, too, especially when you are one of only two people in the entire audience who isn't drunk. The worst part was that, apparently, the drunker you were, the closer they'd have you sit. There was one chick who wouldn't sit down, but was showing off all of her "cool moves, yo." She was really entertaining until she got escorted to the front row. There was also a group of girls sitting behind us and over some who were enjoying it, especially when this old man got up and started dancing all crazy-like in front of them. They started to imitate him (surprisingly, there were no broken hips or anything) and they got escorted, too. Apparently he was a plant and was there to get the crowd going. Anyway, I'm not too sad about not being up close because we had really good seats anyway and, as I said before, we weren't drunk. More fun to watch the drunkenness from a distance. Hopefully I won't be struck by lightning before the blog is done...

The best part of the concert was singing ourselves hoarse to some pretty funny songs. There was one that BP sung that I had never heard before (probably because it was so short and they wouldn't put it on the radio). It starts out so cute and tender and, well, watch it for yourself.


So, yeah, it was a little different than this one, I remember him singing something about how, "when it's the middle of the night and I hear my name taken in vain, I know that I failed and I'll remember next time to put the toilet seat down" but it is still funny. Good times, I tell you!

While in San Diego, we also got to walk around the San Diego Temple grounds. What a beautiful temple! You come around a corner on the freeway and it's right there to your right. There are some trees, so only if you are looking for it will you know it's there before you run into it, so it was worthy of goosebumps, for sure. The weather was perfect, too, so we got some great pictures.







Besides the temple, we went to Coronado Island and, more importantly, the BEACH on Coronado on Friday. We had been recommended by some friends to go to the southern side of the island near Hotel Del Coronado for some pristine beaches with few crowds. It was perfect, although a little too cold to actually go into the water. Oh, well. We walked up and down the beach for a bit and enjoyed the scenery. We went on Saturday, too, for a while, and saw some dolphins and got some yummy ice cream. In homage to one of my favorite movies, I got a few good pictures of me and the hotel.
And the beach. But not me.









Saturday we also went to SeaWorld, but that may have to be another blog, because I hear a Tyler awake upstairs. On that note, I'll leave you some pictures to enjoy!











p.s. Shallow Man, we're going to miss you! Enjoy Peru!

3 comments:

ameeanne said...

That trip sounds so fun! And hey! I've been to Sea World AND the San Diego Temple (although the weather was not so fine for me when I went.)

And that concert sounds... interesting. You'll have to tell me more about it while I'm rooming with elliespen.

Carrie said...

What a fun vacation! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

Tyler has 3 teeth too!?? Yea!!!