erachamay and company

Thursday, May 15, 2008

um. ow.

As many of you know, we are in the process of redoing our basement, meaning that I am painting it (it's turning out great, by the way). As we are going to be getting new carpet, we've left a big heap'o'junk in the middle, including boards with nails on them and such. We obviously haven't had Tyler running amok down here, and we always wear shoes, but every time I see the boards sitting there, I remember when my mom stepped on a nail and it went through her thick sandal into her foot. I am always wary because I think that, perhaps, the nails will jump up and run to the soles of my feet while I am not looking. Strange feeling, I know, but I think I have proof that I am right.

So, last night I was helping Daniel find the wrapping paper--IN THE SPARE ROOM UPSTAIRS--when this nail jumps out of nowhere and gets me in the foot. It didn't hurt too much, but as I was barefoot, seeing a nail sticking out of your foot is a bit frightening. Heavens to betsy, though, I can't figure out how a nail got from the downstairs to the upstairs, let alone knew that I would be in the room at the time!! "Oh, gnomes now, is it?"

Anyway, I have a sore foot, but I'd rather me have it than Tyler!

No comments: